Linux operating distros are free alternatives for Windows. The majority of you might have not heard about them before, but the fact is the days are coming when Linux will introduce itself to daily users of Windows.
If you have owned a Linux based computer or about to install the OS in your current system. Then, you need to read this article. You will find out whether Linux is a good option for daily use or not. It can give you a good idea as to why Linux might be a versatile replacement for any other operating system.
It is essential to know what kind of daily work will be required from the computer and the storage device. If the need is just for programming for a home or office-based business, it perfectly will be the right choice.
The memory and hard drive space are the two areas that influences a computer; however, a worn-out PC will not be able to cope with the latest technology. Also, Windows computer has always been the most expensive option.
Yet, today computers can be bought at a reasonable price; thus, more people are downloading the all free Linux based OS for their home or office. Another thing is, Linux consumes very less RAM. Distros like Arch Linux, Ubuntu, Mx Linux, and KDE neon are such light-weight operating system that you can run it with oldest computer hardware.
Best OS for Programmers
As a programmer, if you are looking for an operating system other than Windows, then, Linux can be a good choice. Linux has thousands of pre-build Internal libraries and there are some compilers that come pre-built with most of the Linux Distros. For daily users, it has all the essential utility applications.
I have published another discussing about whether Ubuntu is good for Java development or not?
Security Expert Linux
I can confidently say that Linux has the most secure operating kernel yet made. Linux is even more secure than Mac OS, which is known for its security, reason being the vast library that it consists.
Advantages of using a Linux computer for Daily users
There are many benefits that you will get from using Linux. However, the biggest advantage is the fact that it is a free alternative to Windows computers.
- Linux is fast. It’s the same as your desktop computer, except with Linux, you will not have to wait for your PC to boot up.
- Linux is easy to use. It also has its own set of features, tools, and applications, which will enable you to perform everyday tasks with ease.
- The advanced computing capabilities and hardware support you get with Linux will help you save a lot of money when buying all the different software and hardware for computers. It’s cheaper to buy computers that run on Linux than on Windows. Besides, it comes with all the necessary tools required for Image editing, network mapping, code editing, media playing, and shell customizing tools, etc. It can be a worthy download operating system.
- Linux is user friendly. The user interface is quite simple and relevant as you explore further. However, there are different environments for Linux such as Gnome, KDE, XFCE, and Deepin, etc. Choose the one that suits you best.
- Linux is a free alternative to Windows. When you compare Linux to Windows, you will find that it’s cheaper to buy computers running on Linux. The reason is Linux is a free open-source operating system.
- The variety of applications available in Linux are quite varied. The fact that there are many software applications in the Windows ecosystem doesn’t mean that they will also be available for Linux users. So, keep in mind that you are not going to get every application from the windows store. However, you have some wonderful applications for daily uses
- The advantage of Linux over Windows is that it’s easier and convenient to update the latest software and security patch. When it comes to Windows, updates on the Windows operating system require many technical skills.
Basic things to know before using Linux
● Windows tends to cost more money than Linux. Many people think that this is because Windows has more advanced features. However, this is not true.
● The only thing that matters when it comes to computers is their features and functionality. As long as you have the basic knowledge of operating systems, you will not be any better off using Windows, and then you would be using Linux.
● When you use Linux, you will not be stuck with one operating system. You will be able to switch easily between them. Thanks to its light weight. It is something that you do not do with Windows most often. However, there are options for dual boot, but not preferred for the reason of CPU overload.
● Another idea of using Linux is that it is easy to download and install.
● Also, Windows does not allow you to customize the look of your computer. It comes standard so that you have to accept what Microsoft provides.
● When you use Linux, you can customize the look of your computer. There are plenty of themes and skins for gnome, KDE, and XFCE. Also, if you want to make your Linux look like windows, you can do that also. There are thousands of icon packs and shell themes available for this.
Windows vs Linux
Both systems have their pros and cons. Not that Windows OS is godly made and has no drawback of using. However, Windows has a long history behind it. Talking about the Linux, it has also been around for years but some of the best distros gained popularity just recently.
When comparing the two, Linux will never be able to replace Windows for more than a couple of fascinating days and a couple of boring months, for daily use. As such, the argument on what’s best for the consumer is still to be settled.
Even though it’s not perfect, the Linux computer has many advantages that we discussed. Remember it’s completely free and legitimate. It will help you save space by offering fast booting and installing applications and programs. It will also help you to have a stable system.
You will find that using Linux is a great way to get the best out of your Hardware, either it’s getting the best performance, lag-free experience or a good battery-life. You can play, hear, study, send mails, watch videos, and customize the look to whatever you want.
If you’re wondering if Linux is a computer operating system for daily use, I can tell you that it is. With Linux, you get all the essential functionality and functions that your desktop uses without any problem.